Openoffice with java support

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Tue Jul 13 11:59:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 19:58, Alejandro Alberola Arias wrote:

> I am trying to build an OpenOffice.org
> binary RPM with java support, but after
> a few hours compiling, the process
> stops while building the BerkeleyDB
> because cannot find the db.jar file.
> I have installed the db4-java package
> but without luck.

Are all the berkeleydb packages installed? I've done this before on a
system which had an "everything" install, and it worked (no access to it
at the moment, so can't tell you what provides db.jar)

> I am using the openoffice.org-1.1.1-6 from
> devel because it has the printer dialog
> bug solved.

Yes, that does work (and that's what I'm using now)

err, I think there might be a newer version in Rawhide, otherwise, you
might want to file a bug report in Bugzilla and get it sorted (and if
you'd cc me - byte at aeon.com.my - it'd be most appreciated)

Also, fedora-test-list at redhat.com is where rawhide related stuff gets discussed...

Regards
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my