Any experience with yumi yet?

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Tue Jul 13 13:48:07 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 14:34, William Hooper wrote:
> So your solution isn't to fix what we have (for example, the work to
> get system-config-packages to use up2date resources), it is to rip it
> out and use something else?  I don't see that happening, because the
> work put into Fedora can be used in future versions of RHEL to improve
> it's package management.

Actually I wasn't thinking of ripping out up2date,
system-config-packages, or anything else. I thought this thread was
about yumi, a graphical front-end to yum which is very immature. I have
also noted in other threads on this list some talk of writing a
graphical front-end to yum from scratch. I was suggesting that there
already was an open-source, very mature, and very feature-rich, solution
out there.

> Oh, and up2date doesn't use yum.conf.

True. But we were originally talking about front-ends to yum. And
configuring up2date is just as obscure as configuring yum.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com