Any experience with yumi yet?

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 13 15:02:26 UTC 2004

John Thompson said:
> William Hooper wrote:
>

>> So your solution isn't to fix what we have (for example, the work to
>> get system-config-packages to use up2date resources), it is to rip it out
>> and use something else?
>
> Why not? The hard work's already done.

Only if you assume everyone has broadband...

Adding functionality to system-config-packages allows you to use the existing functionality of installing RPMs from the install CDs (possibly replacing the anaconda package selection at install time) along with the ability to use third-party repos.

I have no particular views one way or another on Red Carpet as a tool, I just don't think it belongs in the "Core" part of Fedora Core.

--
William Hooper