FC2 and Apache

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Tue Jul 13 16:48:08 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 17:31, John Dangler wrote:
> Now that I have the OS up and running, I’d like to setup Apache, mySQL
> and PHP.  I’m wondering if there is a packaged version of any of these
> available for FC2.

Uhhmmm ... John, those three things come with FC2! They are part of the
core distribution. To determine whether you have installed them or nor,
open a terminal and enter the following command:

rpm -qa | egrep httpd\|mysql\|php | sort

On my machine that returns this:

asp2php-0.76.18-2
asp2php-gtk-0.76.18-2
freeradius-mysql-0.9.3-4
httpd-2.0.49-4
httpd-devel-2.0.49-4
httpd-manual-2.0.49-4
libdbi-dbd-mysql-0.6.5-8.1
mod_auth_mysql-20030510-4.1
mysql-3.23.58-9
mysql-bench-3.23.58-9
mysql-devel-3.23.58-9
mysql-jdbc-3.0.8-2
mysql-jdbc-tomcat-3.0.8-2
mysql-server-3.23.58-9
php-4.3.6-5
php-devel-4.3.6-5
php-domxml-4.3.6-5
php-imap-4.3.6-5
php-ldap-4.3.6-5
php-mysql-4.3.6-5
php-odbc-4.3.6-5
php-pear-4.3.6-5
php-pgsql-4.3.6-5
php-snmp-4.3.6-5
php-xmlrpc-4.3.6-5
system-config-httpd-1.2.0-3

If you didn't install them when you installed FC2 do this:

Applications -> System Settings -> Add/Remove Applications

and browse to "Servers" and then click the "Details" button for "Web
Server" and "SQL Database Server". You can install the packages from
there.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com