any hints on status of FC3 t1?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 13 18:27:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Chris A Czerwinski wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 08:33, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>> no one says you have to *anything* with FC3 when it comes
>> out.  but keep in mind that, if you choose to work with the fedora
>> core stream, you've implicitly agreed to deal with a fast-moving,
>> regularly-updated release, remember?  that's the price you pay for
>> being out there on the edge.
>>
>> rday
>
> And I take it that they will resolve almost all (95%) of the open
> issues from FC2 without applying fixes (or a fix to a fix).

um ... this is a *test1* release.  as someone who has, in the past,
whined about the quality issues and release logistics, even *i*
recognize the inherent entertainment value in the very first beta of a
new release.

yes, it may very well chew up your filesystems, fry your monitor, and
possibly eat all of the cheese in your house.  if that bothers you,
just give it a pass.

rday