Text ui configuration for Xorg with no working X?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Jul 13 18:54:43 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 10:38:20AM -0500, Mark Guzzo wrote:
> I explained how to edit the xorg.conf by hand after a boot in the Rescue
> FC2 CD. I also tried to locate the text mode ui for it but could not
> locate it. If I remember correctly in RH9 there was
> "redhat-config-display-tui" is there a tool like that to configure Xorg
> without X? "system-config-display" only works with a working X.

If system-config-display can't get your X working, it's not going to be able
to help you from text mode either. So it doesn't have a text-mode GUI
interface anymore. However, it _does_ have some command line options that
could be useful -- `system-config-display --help` to see them. (Try
--reconfig, for one thing.)