IMAP and evolution

Michael Sullivan michael at espersunited.com
Tue Jul 13 19:40:36 UTC 2004

I use evolution as my email client.  I like the interface.  I recently
enabled IMAP on my mail server.  I changed my mail account settings in
evolution to IMAP so that I would be able to access all my mail wherever
I was, either locally through evolution or remotely through
squirrelmail.  I'm having two small problems with this.  Problem one is
that when I send email while using evolution the sent mail  gets sent
and then moved into evolution's local Sent folder; I want it to be moved
into the IMAP Sent folder.  Secondly, when I click on the INBOX button
(immediately below the Send/Receive button) to change the folder
currently being viewed not only do I see local and IMAP folders, but I
also see all the files (including .* hidden files) in my personal
account on my server PC and not just contents of the ~/mail directory.
Is there a way that I can change my configuration of either IMAP or
evolution so that mail I send gets put in the IMAP Sent folder and that
I only see IMAP folders on my folders list?  Also, I was a little
curious as to where the IMAP address book file(s) is because I looked at
the /home/michael/ and /home/michael/mail directories and could find no
address book files, yet my address book works in squirrelmail.  Is it a
squirrelmail thing?

-Michael Sullivan-