firefox problem

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.dyndns.org
Tue Jul 13 19:43:38 UTC 2004

Jaime Alvarez wrote:

> I was using Firefox 0.8 until i decided to try the new version
> yesterday. I used yum to remove the old one and then yum again to
> install version 0.9.1. Now i can't use either firefox or the original
> mozilla version that comes with Fedora (Core 1), but konqueror works
> fine. During the installation, yum said that a XFree86 update was needed
> and i agreed to it.
>
> Any suggestions?

it sounds like the last bit is where your problem lies. ( installation
of XFree86 )

FC2 uses Xorg and not XFree86. Check your installed packages list to see
if you've got both, ( although I don't see how that could be possible )
installed on your system. You'll want to remove the XFree86 packages in
favor of the Xorg packages.

--
 Mark

 Linux user because anything else is just insane.