firefox problem

Jaime Alvarez jalvarez at ieee.org
Tue Jul 13 20:30:29 UTC 2004

David Smith wrote:

>I had a similar problem this morning after I installed Firefox from the
>Mozilla website. I found that it would sit there and then not start at
>all. To fix mine I just renamed my .mozilla directory to
>.mozilla_backup. This seemed to have fixed it. Seems that this version
>of firefox is different. For example it had import my bookmarks etc.
>Hope that helps.
>David
>On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 15:00, Jaime Alvarez wrote:

Yeap, that describes my Firefox's symptoms. The first time i tried to
start it up, it did ask me about importing my profile and i selected
Mozilla/Firefox and pressed 'yes'. Those are the last words i heard from
it. I even uninstalled, installed it again and rebooted (windows reflex)
without success.

I have the following related directories:

mozilla
.phoenix
.thunderbird

I even have