installing rtl8139 card

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 21:15:59 UTC 2004

Bryant Dodd was having trouble getting RHL 9.0 to recognise his RTL
8139 card.

jludwig wrote:
> There are actually two drivers 8139too.o and 8139cp.o (one for older
> boards, and, one for newer boards). If kudzu (or insmod) tries with the
> wrong module it will of coarse fail.
>
> Try insmod 8139too and insmod 8139cp to see which one is correct.

If that doesn't work, run lspci and "lspci -n" as root and post the
results to the list. I'm surprised it isn't being automatically picked
up by the OS: these things are pretty common...

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | "My aunt's camel has fallen in the mirage."
westexe.demon.co.uk    |     -- "Soul Music", Terry Pratchett.