xawtv - opengl

Guy Veraghtert guy.veraghtert at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Jul 13 22:38:35 UTC 2004

hi

when starting xawtv i get following error message (xawtv crashes):

$ xawtv
This is xawtv-3.92, running on Linux/i686 (2.6.6-1.435.2.3)
Warning: Cannot convert string
"-*-ledfixed-medium-r-*--39-*-*-*-c-*-*-*" to type FontStruct
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  144 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  534

On the xawtv homepage (faq) I read
(http://linux.bytesex.org/xawtv/faq3.html):

"Major opcode of failed request: 144 (GLX)
        That is a problem with OpenGL (GLX Extention). Probably a bug in
        your OpenGL setup. You can disable OpenGL as workaround, start
        xawtv with the -nogl command line switch to do that."

with the -nogl command everything works fine, but it's a clean fc2
install, what could be wrong with my OpenGL setup? How can i fix it?
I have a bttv-card (bt878 Video Capture)

Many thx

Guy