call to undefined mysql function

Jim Carey jim at carey.id.au
Tue Jul 13 23:42:10 UTC 2004

>>Do you have installed the php-mysql package?
>
>>In FC2 it's php-mysql-4.3.6-5
> --- Jim Carey <jim at carey.id.au> wrote:
>> Am getting this message
>>
>> PHP Fatal  error:  Call to undefined function:
>> mysql_get_client_info() when
>> using code that interfaces to MySQL. - eg phpMyAdmin
>> and PostNuke
>>
>> I am on FC2 and this all works fine on FC1
>>
>> phpinfo() shows support for MySQL. I can get into
>> MySQL via Webmin
>>
>> Any ideas - do I have to re-install MySQL, any php
>> development tools etc ?
>
> Hi - thanks ,
> no - looks like I didn't  -
>
> so did a yum install php-mysql and that problem went and now I get another
> one:
>
> PHP Fatal  error:  Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() - this is
> coming from a pnadodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc call from postnuke.
>
> Do I need something else as well here in the adodb line ?
>
> Jim

looking at the phpinfo() output I notice that there are entries in various
places - including the ./configure for mysql:

'--with-mysql=shared,/usr'
supported databases  MySQL ODBC PostgreSQL Microsoft SQL Server FrontBase
Oracle 8 (oci8) Sybase-CT

but no sep mysql section - so looks like I did something wrong on the
initial install in FC2

if I do a ./configure --enable-mysql - and the make and make install  is
this going to add MySQL (and keep everything that is currently there) - or
do I need to remove it and do a full re-install of php ?

Jim