Still can't get the Nvidia driver to work

Andre Costa acosta at ar.microlink.com.br
Wed Jul 14 00:03:14 UTC 2004

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:21:01 +0200
"Per-Olof Litby - Reg'l Mgr Nordic/Baltic - Java System Software - Sun
Microsystems" <politby at sun.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I've tried everything. Tried the latest driver (with support for 4k
> stacks), tried it on a rebuilt 2.6.7 kernel with 8k stacks, but it
> still causes my system to hang when booting at the "Setting the host
> name" message.
>
> Are there any other known problems? I'm using a Soltek nforce2
> motherboard with a GeForce FX5200 AGP card.
>
> thanks,
> /POL

Hi,

I had X-related hangs also when compiling the kernel on my own. In my
case, it only worked by compiling AGPGART support built-in, disabling
frame-buffer support and setting "NvAGP" to "3" on xorg.conf.

HTH

Andre

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa