Installing FC2 using a boot floppy

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 14 05:21:37 UTC 2004

Joachim Backes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in FC1 as in previous RedHat versions, it was possible to install the system
> by a self made boot diskette using an image located somewhere in the
> isos.
>
> Because my PC BIOS is not able to boot from CD (but to run the installation itself),
> I need a possibility to make a boot diskette. Dies somebody have experienced
> similar problems?
>
> Regards
>
> Joachim Backes

Asked and answered numerous times. Please check the archives in future.

Short answer is no, you cannot install the OS from floppy. The long
answer is that you can create a floppy that allows you to pick a boot
device from a menu. Some people have reported success doing that. I
forget the name of the program.

Regards,
Ed.