VNC session disconnect

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jul 14 13:22:33 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 07:51, Hugh Foster wrote:
> I have Core 1 set up with VNC server running, and can connect fine to
> the X on session 2 and so on.
>
> But when I end the session, whether I simply drop the VNC viewer on my
> PC or if I do a Log Out first, it doesn't seem to close the X session
> and I then can't get back on without rebooting the FC1 box.
>
> When I try Log Out, it closes most icons on the X session but hangs
> with the background colour displayed and I have to dump out anyway.
>
> Is there a means of getting out elegantly, or failing that a
> command-line sequence to display current X sessions and kill one?

Not sure why you can not reconnect.

But if you want a way to restart things you should be able to issue the
following command:

service vncserver restart

That should halt the vncserver and associated xsessions and restart them
for you.

When I have use vnc I normally just kill the vncviewer without logging
the session out.
--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com