FC1: system hangs after installation

Rafiq_Maniar at Dell.com Rafiq_Maniar at Dell.com
Wed Jul 14 14:45:44 UTC 2004

Ok, so after turning swap, it tries to find module dependencies. It seems likely that whatever version of whatever modules are being loaded
there is causing the system to hang.

Maybe try booting into rescue mode from the cd ("linux rescue" at the prompt), and using insmod or modprobe to insert each of the
kernel modules one by one. There should be a list of what you're using or trying to use in /etc/modules.conf. FC2 has updated drivers/kernels/etc so it is likely that it was a known issue which has since been fixed.

Rafiq

-----Original Message-----
From: Götz Reinicke [mailto:goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de]
Sent: 14 July 2004 14:39
To: Fedora List
Subject: FC1: system hangs after installation

Hi,

I installled FC1 on a dell poweredge 1650 SMP server. After the first
reboot, the system stops booting at "Modulabhängigkeiten bestimmen"
after activating swap.

The system freezes and I have to power off the server.

For a test I Installed FC2 - ther is no boot problem.

any ideas?

regards

götz reinicke
--