any hints on status of FC3 t1?

Benjamin J. Weiss benjamin at Weiss.name
Wed Jul 14 15:38:12 UTC 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:54:06 -0500 (CDT), Benjamin J. Weiss
> <benjamin at weiss.name> wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Mark Weaver wrote:
> >

> > > This makes me wonder whats going to become of any package updates once
> > > FC3 hits official release. Will FC2, at that point, become totally
> > > unsupported?
> > >

> > Yep!
>
> Wrong. it will not be immediate. There will be a gap of two to three
> months according to
>
> http://fedora.redhat.com/about/rhel.html
>
> It depends on fedoralegacy.org to keep up and that solely depends on
> the number of interested people. If there is sufficient demand and
> interested volunteers it can work out pretty well.

WHOAH!  You didn't quote my entire next paragraph, in which I state the
exact same thing, to wit:

> Yep!  I can't remember whether it was two or three months after the
> release of the new OS.

See, I said two or three months.

> Fedora legacy hopes to maintain support, but at
> the rate that Fedora is upgrading, I'll be interested in seeing how long
> they can keep up. Personally, I hope they can, as FL promises to be a
> big help to the folks being left behind.

And see, I mentioned Fedora Legacy.

Please, don't misquote me by omission.  I get enough hate-mail as it is.
:)

Ben