Ethereal

dsavage at peaknet.net dsavage at peaknet.net
Wed Jul 14 16:40:23 UTC 2004

On Wednesday July 14, 2004 at 11:11 a.m. "Bryan Boyes" <BBoyes at 4lnb.com>
wrote:
> I am new to Linux. I installed FC2 with Ethereal; however it is not
> listed as a program. When I try to install the Ethereal-Gnome it says
> there are packages missing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Brian,

Do you have both ethereal packages installed?  If you're running FC2 fully
updated, you should see:

     $ rpm -qa | grep ethereal
     ethereal-0.10.5-0.2.1
     ethereal-gnome-0.10.5-0.2.1

When both are installed, you should the Ethereal application in MainMenu >
Internet > More Internet Applications > Ethereal. Because of its power to
see _everything_, Ethereal is normally be run with administrative (root)
privileges.

Hope this helps...

--Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 1 kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl on P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p
"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
                          -- Admiral of the Fleet Sergei G. Gorshkov