ATI 8500 3D

Peter Hutnick fedora at hutnick.com
Wed Jul 14 18:41:52 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have an ATI 8500LE based AGP video card.  I'm running Fedora Core 2.

Can anyone direct me to instructions for getting hardware 3D
acceleration working with this card?

I am very confused about the r200 DRI driver vs. the ATI driver, and
compatibility with X.org.  I'm hoping there is some straightforward
answer that I just haven't been able to find with google.

Also note that I don't care about getting that last 2% performance.  If
there is a driver that is good enough for Tux Racer and will save me a
difficult install that's great by me!

Thanks!

-Peter

PS: I get the list in digest mode, so if it isn't any trouble CC: by
using "reply all."  Thanks.