Possibly "OT" but about FC and schools

redhat redhat at fayelectric.com
Wed Jul 14 21:11:50 UTC 2004

I was at my brother-in-laws house last night and he was showing me a new
"tablet" that he got with a grant that works using bluetooth and a
multimedia projector.  With this tablet he can pull up maps, highlight
stuff, draw, you know that kind of thing.  It seems that the schools are
migrating to XP and I was wondering if there any systems (school) that
are embracing Linux (specifically FC)?  Are there any developers working
toward projects like I mentioned that could be embraced by those who
give educational grants?  I am not a developer but I was wondering.  I
know that many, many gov't agencies use Linux - why not schools?
Just a thought,
Doug