Adding and Removing programs - CD not recognised

Hairysocks hairysocks at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 14 22:54:11 UTC 2004

I tried to install other components into FC2 after getting it up
and running (specifically, I wanted to install Mozilla), I could
select components ok, but when it asked for the "Fedora Core 2
disk 2" (or disk 1 - whatever), it said it couldn't find it even
though I had put the correct disk in the cdrom drive.

I had to resort to installing from the command line with the rpm
command, including extra RPMs to satisfy dependencies. Ok, I can
do that, but people new to Linux will get put off by that, and
may just not bother with it.

Rob