Laptop hangs during boot / PCMCIA trouble

Cornelius Puschmann cornelius_puschmann at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 15 04:22:03 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

first of all I'd like to apologize in case I'm using the wrong list for my
questions. I've just installed Fedora and I'm dying to try it out... problem
is it hangs during boot (the installation worked flawlessly) and there seems
to be nothing I can do about it.

The step it's having trouble with is PCMCIA Services. Before installing
Fedore I gave the Slax LiveCD a try and had the same problem. Everything
worked fine once I booted Slax without PCMCIA, but with Fedora I'm not
entirely sure how to boot with parameters(?).

I assume my eMachines laptop (umm, it was cheap.. what can I say) has
obscure hardware or there's something else I'm doing wrong. Any help is much
appreciated.

My system:

eMachines M6805
AMD Mobile Athlon 64 3000+