ls -laR /proc/bus/usb incomplete

Joachim Backes backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Thu Jul 15 05:15:37 UTC 2004

I installed Kernel (vanilla) in FC2, and I have problems with /proc/bus/usb.
USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB (rev 01).

I have attached a SanDisk memory USB stick and a USB mouse; both are running
well. But When I want to list all attached USB devices by using ls -laR /proc/bus/usb
or using lsusb, I get an empty device overview.

On another machine having USB 2.0 controller, all devices are listed well.

Is there a differnece between version1 and version2 USB controllers?

Regards

Joachim Backes

--

Joachim Backes <backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>
University of Kaiserslautern,Computer Center,