RES: Need Install Help - ASUS A7V8X-X, ASUS Radeon 7000

Artur Sampaio artursampaio at terra.com.br
Thu Jul 15 13:10:56 UTC 2004

I've got similar problems some time ago, in both linux and WinXP
I tried everything (memory tests, reinstall, swap memory, and so on...)
and finally discovered:
Just update your BIOS..... Incredible, no??

ASUS a7v8x-x, Athlon XP 2400+, 512 Mb DDR,
Maxtor 60Gb ATA100 7200RPM

Artur Sampaio

>Hi all, I'm in need of some help getting FC1 or 2 on a new box that I
>built. Here are the basic specs:
>ASUS A7V8X-X mobo
>ASUS Radeon 7000 video card
>Western Digital 7200 rpm 80GB hd with 8MB buffer

>When I boot from either FC1 or FC2 disk 1, the results are identical.
It
>correctly probes for the video card (ATI Radeon 7000), the monitor
>ViewSonic VG800, the mouse type (Generic 3-button mouse, PS/2).

>X starts
>then I go through the new partitioning, where I let it do it
>automatically. I set the time zone, my root pw, and select Desktop. I
>configure my static IP information. When it starts to actually do the
>installation, it stops X, and tells me that the install exited
abnormally. sending termination signals ... done sending kill signals
>done disabling swap ... unmounting file systems ... etc. you may safely
reboot