Red Carpet available for FC2 -- please try it out

Gordon Keehn gordonkeehn at netzero.net
Thu Jul 15 14:36:27 UTC 2004

D. D. Brierton wrote:

> James Wilcox, one of the Red Carpet hackers, just emailed me to let me
> know that Ximian/Novell hope to officially ship Red Carpet for FC2 with
> the next release, but in the meantime unofficial packages are available
> here:

[Snip!]

    Of course, the next release will be FC3, so hopefully it'll be Red
Carpet for FC3 that ships...
    I've been using synaptic / apt-get for some time and I'm quite happy
with the combination.  How does Red Carpet compare with regard to, for
example, resolving dependencies, managing kernel updates, manually
selecting packages to install or update through the GUI?
    Cheers,
Gordon Keehn