Red Carpet available for FC2 -- please try it out

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Thu Jul 15 15:56:12 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 16:34, Gordon Keehn wrote:
> Of course the last time I tried that, the package (no names - I don't
> want to start a flame war :-X ) left me with a dozen or so doubly
> installed RPMs, which (thankfully) I was able to clean up with
> synaptic.  But I'm sure you guys would NEVER let something like that
> happen.

I'm not sure quite who you mean by "you guys". I don't work for
Ximian/Novell. I'm not a Red Carpet developer. I just really really like
Red Carpet.

As for worrying that Red Carpet will "eat your brane", I don't think
there is much to worry about on that score. It is a very mature product
(version 2.2) and is one of Ximian's flagship products. As I understand
it, Novell bought Ximian primarily for the enterprise version of Red
Carpet. Mono, Evolution, and Ximian Desktop were just icing on the cake.
If you watched any of the videos from Novell's Brainshare, you would
have seen Red Carpet over and over.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com