grub with fc2

Gordon Keehn gordonkeehn at netzero.net
Thu Jul 15 16:34:33 UTC 2004

Doug Maurer wrote:

>I've noticed since FC2 and now fc3 test1, that when I run up2date and it
>has a new kernel that after rebooting the machine it still defaults to
>the original installed kernel. Its doing it on two machines I have FC2
>and FC3test1 on. Anyone else experience this, know of a fix?

    I think that's a feature, not a bug!  I use synaptic instead of
up2date, on FC1, but it works the same way.  (Or the kernel RPMs do it
as a postinstall action -- DIIK)  I always go for a couple of boots,
selecting the new kernel manually, before I update the grub default to
the new kernel.
    Cheers,
Gordon Keehn