Possibly "OT" but about FC and schools

Ester Muñoz emaparicio at sadiel.es
Thu Jul 15 16:48:11 UTC 2004

El jue, 15-07-2004 a las 01:18, dalen escribió:
> redhat wrote:
> > <snip>  It seems that the schools are
> > migrating to XP and I was wondering if there any systems (school) that
> > are embracing Linux (specifically FC)?  <snip>

In the area of Spain where I live (Andalucia), there is a project going
on to set computers in all the basic schools for every kid. If I
remember right, this year there is a total of 100 schools piloting this,
and the idea is to expand it to all of them (around 3000) in the
following years.

They use a modified version of Debian called Guadalinex. They chose
Debian because they wanted to update all the computers in a tree-like
form, expanding the updates downwards from a central machine... the
choice was made about one and half years ago.

Ester