/etc/resolv.conf and sendmail

Philippe phd2 at fcomfrench.com
Thu Jul 15 16:34:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 23:23, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Do, den 15.07.2004 schrieb Philippe um 18:00:

> O, you changed the information from "mailq -v". I understand that but
> makes it harder to find the devil which makes your mail queuing. So
> speaking more generally: once you restarted your system and still see
> your mail is queued and not immediately sent you will have to run "mailq
> -v" to see which mails are in the queue. The command will too give you
> the reason why the mail is queue and did not leave your host. Either it
> is deferred because of host lookup error or another reason might be a
> temporary error on the recipient MX host side. This information is
> essential to know what happens! If again you find the mail queued
> because of hostname lookup error you will have to run the debug code I
> gave you yesterday, to check if it reports additional useful
> information.

Thanks a lot for your help all along these days. resolved or not, I
learn a lot and maybe will be able to "find this devil".

> From current state I see no way to help you out. From so far given error
> message it is clearly a DNS error. Do you run a caching nameserver your
> own?
No nothing special.
>  You may too try using different DNS servers in the
> /etc/resolv.conf.
Yes I will.

> > I try the IPV6 trick and I will tel you more.
No change
> Ok.
Thanks Alexander, let's close this thread. I will not forget the time
you spent on my problem ;-)

Philippe
--
Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand