Red Carpet available for FC2 -- please try it out

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Fri Jul 16 00:42:29 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 20:44, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> Agreed. I switched from Red Carpet to yum mainly because RC wasn't keeping
> up with whatever distro I was using. I had to wait weeks or months for the
> database for the new distro to come out.
>
> RC is pretty and well-organized, but I'm skeptical about staying with a
> system that uses a centralized package database. With yum, I can easily
> switch to the most up-to-date mirror.

Yes, I agree with you. But what I am hoping is that enough people might
try out Red Carpet, like it, and then it will get included in Fedora
(either in Fedora Core, or Fedora Extras). Then the repositories could
use existing mirrors to create Open Carpet repositories. If Red Carpet
was part of FC, then we wouldn't be having to rely on when or if Ximian
decide to support the current release of FC, or whether we are stuck
using only a couple of Open Carpet servers that might get overloaded.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com