FC2 kernels & Device Mapper(DM) Snapshots (LVM)

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at matchmail.com
Fri Jul 16 02:17:19 UTC 2004

I haven't been following LVM and Device Mapper and in my attempt to
catch up, I'm seeing information that snapshots aren't working/supported
in 2.6 DM (my initial reason for using LVM/DM).

According to[1] kernel.org's 2.6.7 needs patching, and I saw a thread[2]
about this from may.  Have there been any changes since then?  Will fc2
get a 2.6.8 based kernel any time soon (maybe like the one in rawhide)?

[1] To use snapshots and pvmove (mirroring) with 2.6 kernels you need
the latest patches from the 2.6-unstable series. 2.6.7-udm1 contains the
most up-to-date patches. Its snapshot and mirroring support has been
submitted for inclusion in 2.6.8.
http://sources.redhat.com/dm/patches.html

[2] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-May/msg03831.html