Looking for FC2+Tyan+Adaptec expertise

Robert G. (Doc) Savage dsavage at peaknet.net
Fri Jul 16 03:23:19 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 21:46, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
>
> >The problem is that FC2 detects the old narrow SCSI card (and loads its
> >driver), the EIDE drive as /dev/hda, but nothing else during the initial
> >installation steps. By the time I get to the partitioning phase, there's
> >no /dev/sda or /dev/sdb in the pick list.
> >
> Can you post the output of lspci on that machine?

Hmmm. Tough question. How would I do that with no OS installed yet?

Incidentally, I've tried to follow the guidance in the Release Notes.
Unfortunately when I get to instruction 4:

        4) When it asks if you want to load any driver disks, go into
        ALT-F2 terminal and wget the module into /tmp. Use insmod to
        load that module and lsmod to verify that it was loaded.

there is no terminal at ALT-F2 (the key combo does nothing). If Warren
Togami is out there tonight, H-E-L-P !!

--Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 1 kernel 2.4.22-1.2197.nptl on P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p
"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
                         -- Admiral of the Fleet Sergei G. Gorshkov