uhci-hcd & kernel 2.6.7-1.488

Dwaine Castle dcastle at carolina.rr.com
Fri Jul 16 04:54:04 UTC 2004

I noticed an error msg after installing kernel 2.6.7-1.488 stating that the
OS can't find uhci-hcd while trying to initialize the USB port.  I can see
that all the previous kernel upgrades from 2.6.5-1.358 thru 481 created
/lib/modules for uhci-hcd, but there is nothing for 488.

Can anybody tell me what went wrong and how I should fix it?

I don't have anything USB to even test one of the USB ports except a Minolta
Pagepro 1250W printer, but there is no Linux driver for it.

Thank you.
Dwaine