cdrecord not working anymore

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Fri Jul 16 16:57:27 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 10:37, Marius Andreiana wrote:

> I had the same cdrecord problem in FC2, but then tried k3b and it works.
> Pretty nice, even if it's from KDE :D

Yes, i thought about that, but:

1. K3B itself relies on lower-level tools like cdrecord and such, so,
yeah, perhaps the way K3B uses them overrides the issue i'm
encountering, but it doesn't really tell me why this command doesn't
work anymore, which is the puzzle i want to solve.

2. I'm so used to CLI tools, they're so fast and simple to use for a
Linux CLI nerd like myself, i'm reluctant to start using GUI things
again.

> Don't use nautilus cd burning, I tried once and it stopped in the middle
> of CD.

It needs to mature a bit, yes. Hopefully it will do that sooner rather
than later because, from a usability/GUI perspective, it's intuitive and
user-friendly (*).

(*) - Despite my CLI nerdishness, i'm rather a fan of the Gnome HIG
initiative and the related concepts. Opposites attract and all that
stuff.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/