Would you put web-server on the same machine as your company internal database?

John Dangler jdangler at atlantic.net
Fri Jul 16 18:23:14 UTC 2004

Then I would say that your _obligation_ (for lack of a better word) would be
to assist your company in finding a replacement as expeditiously as
possible, be available for a transition period, and leave knowing you've
done everything you needed to do in order to fulfill their needs.

I did misunderstand part of the original point (thanks, Mark).  I would be
very apprehensive about putting corporate financial information in a place
which _may_ allow it to be compromised.  A better solution is to keep that
information within the confines of the corporate environment.  If corporate
employees need to have access to sales or other related information, they
should do so by only accessing the corporate server directly through a
secured channel.  Dialbacks and other verification systems are in place to
do that.  Certainly, personnel information has NO place on the public
channels, along with any other corporate intellectual property.

John