amanda email report

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jul 16 18:39:32 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 10:50, Nina Pham wrote:
> I have amanda running in a cron job, it suppose to backup 3 things.
> However, for some permission problem, 1 thing is failed to back up. I
> thought it would send the report via email to the email address
> specified in mailto no matter what. But that day, I didn't recieve the
> report via email. When I fix the permission problem, it successfully
> backup and I received email report everyday since then. What might cause
> the problem of sending email? is it a amanda bug? I doesn't make sense
> to me that amanda doesn't send report when there's a problem .
----
You are probably gonna have to use the amanda list for help - though I
see Gene is on this list too.

My experience with amanda - it's a bear to get going at first. Be
patient. It does send emails - they just don't get sent until the
process finishes - is there still a process running?
If so - try
amstatus NAME-OF-CONFIG
amcleanup NAME-OF-CONFIG

Craig