Utility to extract .SIT (StuffIt) archives?

Gregory Gulik greg at gulik.org
Fri Jul 16 18:48:34 UTC 2004

David Jansen wrote:
> I'm not completely sure if this is what you want, but Fedora comes with
> a package called macutils. I use it mostly for binhex decoding, but the
> package also includes a program called macunpack. The manpage doesn't
> mention Stuffit but it speaks about unpacking Macintosh archives, maybe
> that's the same thing.

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately it didn't work:

         Unknown compression methods: 0 d, skipping file.
         Unknown compression methods: d d, skipping file.
         Unknown compression methods: 0 d, skipping file.
         Unknown compression methods: d d, skipping file.

> another option:
> http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/1201646/com/stuffit-5.2.0.611-5.i386.rpm.html
> lists stuffit available as an rpm package. It mentions RedHat, not
> Fedora, but it may be worth the try (I haven't tried it yet though).

This is the same executable as is available directly from stuffit.com
which segmentation faults when extracting files from the archive.

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg @ gulik.org