PCMIA Issues

Chris Canavan canavanchris at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 18:52:56 UTC 2004

All,

I am having some issues getting the PCMIA serivce to start.  I am new with all Linux systems so please forgive me if I don't provide some needed info.

During the install Fedora found the PCMIA NIC so I assume that something went right; however each boot (when looking at the detailed logging screen) shows that the NIC Card is not found and initalization fails.  So once in the GUI I look at the services and everything looks good but PCMIA which shows the service is stopped.  I request a service start Fedora the OS reports the service has started correctly, but when I stat the service it still hasn't started, thus the NIC card cannot be found.

System:
IBM Thinkpad A20m
Intel PIII
TI PCMIA Cardbus