Would you put web-server on the same machine as your company internal database?

Fons van der Beek fons at so-o.nl
Fri Jul 16 20:13:22 UTC 2004

When the webserver is hacked, the only difference between one and two servers is the hub or switch :-)

Brute force attacks / Denial of Services interferes with the system's performance and stability.
Security issues compromise your complete network

Conclusion:
2 machines is better, when not having the right security definition it doesn't matter if you have 10 machines....