Laptop Support - (terminal selection on installation)

netmask netmask at enZotech.net
Fri Jul 16 21:50:34 UTC 2004

> Either I am overlooking something, or the display for a laptop screen
> becomes a trial-and-error proposition. Oh, I get it to work. But, it's
> always a struggle, and I'm never sure if I'm doing it right.
>
> Thoughts? Tips?

Short of looking online with people that have used the same laptop and posted
their linux tips (I'll admit it, I don't get cutting edge laptops)...  I
typically look at my laptop manual and manually specify the sync rangers,
etc.. seems to work best.. But I've wondered the same, I'll be interested to
see the responses.