yum flavors vs/ fc1, fc2, fc3...infinity

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jul 17 02:52:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 16:28, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> William Hooper wrote:
>
> >> FC-2 was not sufficiently well tested.
> >
> > Works for me.  It also works for a number of people.  Maybe some cases
> > were not well tested, but you are making a blanket statement that a number
> > of people would disagree with.  You have to keep in mind when making
> > conclusions based on mailing lists: People who don't have problems aren't
> > complaining.
>
> The fact that it works on your machine is neither here nor there.
> "Sufficiently well tested" means
> "tested on a sufficiently wide range of machines".
----
Your statement presumes that it wasn't tested on a sufficiently wide
range of machines. The facts you are using to base this presumption are
anecdotal.

You are also presuming that manufacturers don't all of a sudden switch
the parts on existing boards so that one production run is identical to
the next.

Read this...

<http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux04/Asus_Sucks_Story-01.html>

Let's move on now please