Fixing disk errors

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 05:15:49 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've been on holidays and one of my production systems
has produced disk errors on a linux RAID 0 stripe
(FC1). After correcting hundreds of errors using fsck
in single-user mode, I continue to get the following 2
errors on each fsck run:

# fsck -f /dev/md6
fsck 1.34 (25-Jul-2003)
e2fsck 1.34 (25-Jul-2003)
Error reading block 6689 (Attempt to read block from
filesystem resulted in short read) while doing inode
scan.  Ignore error<y>? yes

Force rewrite<y>? yes

Error reading block 7714 (Attempt to read block from
filesystem resulted in short read) while doing inode
scan.  Ignore error<y>? yes

Force rewrite<y>? yes

I can mount the filesystem without dramas, but am
wondering how I can fix the above issues permanently?

Thanks.

Michael.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com