yum flavors vs/ fc1, fc2, fc3...infinity

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jul 17 05:21:19 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 21:02, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>

> >> "Sufficiently well tested" means
> >> "tested on a sufficiently wide range of machines".
> > ----
> > Your statement presumes that it wasn't tested on a sufficiently wide
> > range of machines. The facts you are using to base this presumption are
> > anecdotal.
>
> Do you have actual figures then to support your contrary view?
---
of course I don't - why on earth would you even ask that except to
somehow to try to make me defend your position.

You are the one suggesting that FC-2 wasn't tested on a sufficiently
wide range of machines but only have anecdotal evidence. DO YOU have
actual figures then to support your contrary view? DID YOU read the link
that I posted about ASUS changing the chipsets on their motherboards
without documenting the changes and according to the article, offering
no support to the OEM using their board?

You are the one drawing the inferences - I only pointed out that your
inferences are only based upon anecdotal information and thus your
conclusion, which may or may not be valid, has no basis in fact.

Craig