(no subject)

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Sat Jul 17 16:40:52 UTC 2004

Clint Harshaw wrote:
> Kirby myatt wrote:
>
>> I would like help on burning a Bootable Cdrom for Fedora Core 2.
>> I have downloaded the four (4)FC2-i386-dicsX. iso to 4 Cdrom disks.
>> I have no instructions on how to burn a Bootable Cdrom.
>> I would like any help.
>> Thank you
>> Kirby Myatt
>>

>> Kirby myatt
>> klmyatt at earthlink.net
>> Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.
[...]
> alternatively, you can use the command line interface application called
> cdrecord. On my machine this command will get a bootable CD burned for me:
>
> 1. insert the blank cd
> 2. close the window(s) that may pop up in Gnome
> 3. open a terminal
> 4. cdrecord -v speed=32 dev=0,0,0 nameofthefileyouwanttoburn.iso
>
> You may have to do some digging to determine the device address of your
> CD burner. To find out the device address try looking at the result of
> this command: cat /etc/fstab

I suppose my instructions for how to get K3B installed on your system
assumed you already had a working FC system -- but after re-reading your
original post, that may not be a correct assumption. Sorry 'bout that!

Try the command line version (above) for getting cdrecord to burn your
iso's.

Again, my apologies if I mis-understood your original question.
Clint