Core 2 on Dell Lattitude

Charles Heselton charles.heselton at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 22:21:31 UTC 2004

Could be.  The partitions are set up as 1 default 9GB partition (for
Windows) and 1 8GB ext2 partition (1GB swap).  When I installed,
Windows was already there and I just installed to the blank partition.
 Setup the slices with DiskDruid in the install procedure.

Guess I'll try a re-install and see if it makes any difference.

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 17:28:43 -0400, Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 15:54, Charles Heselton wrote:
> > Trying to dualboot a Dell Lattitude with Fedora Core 2.  The install
> > seems to have gone fine.  However, when I got to boot into Fedora, I
> > get stuck in the "interactive startup" section.  These are the errors
> > that I get:
> >
> > Right after "Enabling swap space: ==> [OK]"
> >
> > PCI: Enabling device 0000:00:03.0 (0000 -> 0002)
> > PCI: Enabling device 0000:00:03.1 (0000 -> 0002)
> >
> > Then it just stops there.  Any thoughts on what it might be?
>
> I have been running FC2 on a Dell Latitude CPx laptop for sometime now.
> I am not dual booting however.
>
> What kind of partition table did you setup?  I am guessing that there is
> something about the partition setup that is not working.
>
> --
> Scot L. Harris
> webid at cfl.rr.com
>
> "You know, we've won awards for this crap."
> -- David Letterman
>

> --

Charlie Heselton
Network Security Engineer