Gaim Upload

Marc Lucke marc at marcsnet.com
Sat Jul 17 23:21:22 UTC 2004

Tim Raats wrote:

>I have a problem when I send files to friends with Gaim. The maximum
>upload speed of sending files is 6 kb/s. But my normal upload speed is
>64KB/s.... How can I increase the speed of sending files ?

I don't know what the problem is, but 64KB/s means 64 Kelvin Bytes per
second which doesn't make sense.  Correct terminology is 64 kB/s.  Sorry
- can't help myself as the concept of Kelvin Bytes always makes me laugh :-D

Because 6 kbps is less than 1 kB/s my immediate thought is that the
transfer is not happening at all and the traffic you see is gaim
attempting to send the file, not sending it?  Is it sending
successfully?  I suppose you've done your testing properly too - i.e.
that this speed is consistant to more than one person and time?

Marc