How to schedule for every two fridays with cron and/or at?

M3 Freak m3freak at rogers.com
Sun Jul 18 01:05:16 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 18:59, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Amanda setup to run a daily backup Monday through Friday night.
> That works fine.
>
> But now I want to add a full backup every two weeks on Friday night and
> I'm having trouble creating cron entries that don't have the commands
> running on the same day for full and daily backups.

While I appreciate what you're trying to do, do you realize that
AMANDA's entire reason for being is to make backups easier by not
telling her what to do?  You are supposed to specify your tape and dump
cycles, and then let AMANDA figure out the rest.  She'll schedule full
dumps when she feels they're required, but the entire decision is based
on how you set up the tape and dump cycles.

AMANDA is a great backup program, but I see people trying to force
backup schedules all the time.  It's not needed.

You should subscribe to the AMANDA mailing list.  It has got to be one
of the best, if not the best, mailing list out there.  People are
insanely helpful.

Good luck,

Kanwar
Systems Aligned Inc.