Giga-byte GA-8KNXP mainboard

Maurice K maurice at gkbikes.com
Sun Jul 18 11:20:05 UTC 2004

Has anyone experience with this mainboard's extra possibillities
(IDE3/IDE4 or SATA2-4) on Fedora Core 2?

The chipset for IDE3+4 is an IT8212  and for SATA it's a Sil3112.
both can be used for raid 0, 1, 0+1, jbod and standard.
IDE1+2 and SATA1+2 is handles by the ICH5.
With the mainboard comes a cd with an adapted kernel for redhat 7.3
(kernel 2.4) but I run the latest kernel which I got from up2date.

In the near future I want to buy a new harddisk and IDE1+2 are full.
For IDE1 it's 160GB + 40GB and for IDE2 it's cd-rw + DVD+rw

I'm fairly new to linux and want to know if these chips are recognised
by kernel 2.6 or that I have to use drivers for them (and where to get).