Red Carpet on FC2+

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 18 12:30:26 UTC 2004

When trying the rpms from Harold at
http://people.redhat.com/harald/RedCarpet-FC3/
I get the below error when first trying to start Red Carpet.

/usr/share/red-carpet/red_toolbar.py:60: DeprecationWarning:
   w = self.append_item(text, tooltip, None, image, callback)
/usr/share/red-carpet/red_appwindow.py:440: DeprecationWarning:
   bar.append_space()
/usr/share/red-carpet/red_appwindow.py:180: DeprecationWarning:

self.toolbar.set_icon_size(settings.get_property("gtk-toolbar-icon-size"))

This looks like a warning message. But just for RC on FC input, I
thought that I'd post this.
I installed this program by downloading the rpms to a local directory
which was in the up2date sources file. I then typed up2date red-carpet
at the command prompt. I also have two icons for RC in the system tools
menu.

Anyway, has anyone decided on if this program will be maintained in
Fedora extras and who is willing to maintain this?

Jim
--
A quarrel is quickly settled when deserted by one party; there is no battle
unless there be two.  -- Seneca