Core 2 on Dell Lattitude

Charles Heselton charles.heselton at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 19:25:59 UTC 2004

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:54:30 -0400, Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 04:10, Charles Heselton wrote:
>
> > FYI....
> >
> > The re-install (with the addition of the /boot slice) worked.  I'm now
> > running FC2 on my Dell.  Thanks for the tips Scott.
> >
> > --
> > Charlie Heselton
> > Network Security Engineer
>
> Great news!  Just curious, on the first pass you indicated you had tried
> an ext2 file system, are you still using that?  Or did you go with ext3?
>
> Also was wondering if you are going to play with the acpi support.  On
> my laptop that mostly appears to work at lease in regards to getting
> battery and power indications.  I have not sorted out the suspend
> options.  (spent a few minutes on it but not enough to get it working)
>
> If you get that working would you mind letting me know how you did it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Scot L. Harris
> webid at cfl.rr.com
>
> If it has syntax, it isn't user friendly.
>

> --

Sure.  I'll let you know.  I'm tweaking the kernel right now, but am
still including the ACPI functions.  Battery monitoring and power
off/idle timeout seem to work great.  I'm a little wary of using the
suspend, just because I've never seen it work right, even in Windows.
But maybe I'll play around with it.

Also, I think the ext2fs (even the first time) was the filesystem of
the initrd image.  I am using ext3 now on both the /boot and / slices.
 But when booting, it says "Filesystem is ext2fs".  Like I said, I
think it's the kernel boot image.

--
Charlie Heselton
Network Security Engineer